Welcome DIYers!

This is my online "scrapbook" to remember what we've achieved in our home...we purchased this home in November 2009 in Springfield, MO.

Click the tabs along the top to check out the house room by room.

Honestly, this is not my dream home by any means...but I intend to make it dreamy!

Changes to our new cottage


Wall...be gone!

Hee hee...this no longer exists!

We will be starting some remodeling finally...we are due to move in about 2 1/2 weeks. Mr. DD (my husband) is going two weeks early to get the work going and hopefully complete. New flooring throughout, knock down a wall or two, add French doors, and start priming the dreadful paneling.
We will live with the white carpet in the bedrooms by shampooing. The kitchen and bathrooms will be at the top of our list as funds allow. We've been purchasing furniture from estate sales and antique stores. I've given away lots of silly items that I don't want to take with me. Goodwill got a lot of my nic-nacs. Several friends purchased my larger furniture that I knew wouldn't go well in the new house.
I look forward to sharing out journey with you as we slowly but surely transform our 1970 ranch into our own Dogwood Cottage. I hope you'll join me as I choose paint colors and move furniture around. I plan on painting my dining set black, and some chairs. I'm sure it will be as ongoing a project as this little place has been.

1 comment:

Maisy said...

good luck with the move. i can't wait to see the "after" photos.
try to remember to have fun. these projects can get the best of you. turn that around and get the best of the project.
the house is such a pretty ranch. I love me a nice ranch!!!
happy weekend!